Welcome to the enrollment page of GISSV! Please take a moment to read the following information regarding enrollment at the GISSV.
For further infomation regarding the enrollment process please contact Ms. Michelle Bonau, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid at GISSV - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please specify which location you are interested in: Mountain View, Berkeley or San Francisco.Process Overview
The following is an overview of the enrollment process at all three of our Bay Area locations.Preschool/Kindergarten
1) Submit online inquiry
2) Submit application
3) Submit Parent Interview Form, Parent Report Form, and Confidential Student Evaluation Form
(from current school)
4) Children attend evaluation/play session
5) Parents attend interview
6) Decision is communicated to parents by mid-MarchGrades 1 -12
1) Submit online inquiry
2) Submit application and copies of last two report cards
2) Parent Interview and Student Interview
3) Shadowing Day and German Language Skill testing for all students not coming from the German School system
4) Decision is communicated to parents by mid-March***SKYPE INTERVIEWS WILL BE ARRANGED FOR ALL PARENTS AND STUDENTS WHO DO NOT LIVE IN THE AREA.
FOR ALL FAMILIES THAT ARE MOVING TO THE AREA THAT ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE REQUIRED INTERVIEWS AND STUDENT EVALUATION A CONDITIONAL ENROLLMENT IS POSSIBLE. THE SCHOOL WILL EVALUATE THE STUDENT UPON ARRIVAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVOKE THE ADMISSION SHOULD THAT BE DEEMED NECESSARY.Requirements for Enrollment
The GISSV welcomes students from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color or nationality. Knowledge of the German language is required for all children who enroll after 1st grade. If attendance at GISSV is not possible because of language barriers, we recommend our Saturday School or private tutors. As a school accredited by the German government the GISSV can also integrate students coming from Germany during the ongoing school year.
Children entering the toddler group must be at least 2 years of age by the first day of school. Children entering preschool must turn 3 by no later than December 1st of the year in which they enter preschool. Children entering kindergarten must be 5 by no later than December 1st of the year in which they enter kindergarten.
All children 3 years of age and above MUST
be fully potty trained before they can begin school.
Children who turn 6 by July 31st will automatically advance to the 1st grade. Children whose birthdays fall between August 1st and October 1st are so-called "Kannkinder" (Can Children). This means that they can
advance to the 1st grade if they are deemed developmentally ready or they can stay a second year in the kindergarten class. All children whose birthdays fall after October 1st will automatically remain a second year in the kindergarten class.
In general, the enrollment period begins during the months of January and February of each year for the upcoming school year. Enrollment is possible throughout the school year based on availability.
Enrollment for School/Preschool
The following documents need to be provided at the time of enrollment:
- Admission agreement
- Application form
- Society membership form
- Copy of child’s passport or birth certificate
- Copy of child’s vaccination record
- Copies of the child’s last two report cards (midterm and final report cards)
- Report of Health Exam for School Entry (required for students in grades 1-12)
- Physician's Report (required for preschool/kindergarten students)
- Parent's Report (required for preschool/kindergarten students)
- Personal Rights (Child's rights)(required for preschool/kindergarten students)
- Parent's Rights (required for preschool/kindergarten students)
Place an Inquiry
Please follow the link
to place an inquiry and begin the enrollment process. Please do NOT
use this link for Saturday School inquiries.