A vibrant GISSV depends on the generosity of our community. Like other independent schools, GISSV relies on contributions to provide crucial funding to empower the school to live its mission and realize its most important priorities for current and long-term sustainability.
From parents, teachers, and staff to alumni, their families and friends, every person can play a significant role in our present and future. Your participation is the key to our success.
Here’s a quick look at GISSV’s fundraising initiatives:
The Annual Fund is the foremost component of GISSV’s fundraising efforts. It provides an immediate, yearly opportunity to perpetuate GISSV’s high academic standards. Gifts of all sizes ensure that the GISSV experience remains consistently exceptional for every student, every year.
GISSV Campus Campaigns
Over the past seventeen years, GISSV established itself in the Bay Area. We have significantly expanded and enhanced our Mountain View campus. As the world grows and evolves with the times, so too must GISSV. Our school in San Francisco is in need of larger campus, and our Mountain View campus needs facility updates and enhancements. GISSV is very proud of the school’s growth over the years and we continue to look to the future, planning innovative and exciting ways to meet our facilities goals. We hope you will consider supporting us as we look ahead to the place we aim to become.
Attending our special events is a great way to support our school financially while participating in fun activities, celebrating German traditions and building community.
- The German Holiday Market in downtown Mountain View invites people of all ages to experience authentic German cuisine and traditions (including arts and crafts, specially crafted beers and Glühwein (mulled wine), sausages, pretzels and cookies, holiday music and entertainment) as well as the atmosphere of a traditional German "Weihnachtsmarkt".
- The German Family Karneval at GISSV Berkeley/East Bay marks the customary celebrations preceding the Lenten season in the Rhineland. We commemorate the occasion with a masquerade festival, German food and drinks, traditional music and activities for the entire family.
- The Rummage Sales in Mountain View and Berkeley offer the opportunity to donate gently-used clothing, books, games, gear and household goods that you no longer need. During a Saturday morning sale, the public is invited to purchase these items, and all proceeds benefit GISSV.
- The Holiday Cookie and Advent Wreath Sales in Mountain View enable you to experience the tastes and traditions of the holidays in Germany by buying fabulous advent wreaths and delicious cookies homemade by GISSV parents
For more information, please visit our Give-Back Programs page.
- Start your Amazon Shopping through this link (select GISSV as charity) and a portion of what you spend to buy items will be given back to GISSV
- Sports Basement offers you 10% off your purchase and GISSV receives a donation of 10% of your purchase amount when you mention “German International School” at the register (valid at any location).
- Kasumisou Gallery is an online business based in Menlo Park that carries an array of gifts and home decor items. Enter the GISSV partner code (940433) at checkout and the school receives a donation of 15% of your purchase value.