School Operations under Covid
Changes Due to Increased COVID infection rates
Our priority remains the safety of our students, our staff, and the whole community. Given the high number of infection rates, GISSV will stay in distance learning with all programs through February 5.
Please refer to the community email sent on January 13 for more details.
We ask everyone to please take this situation seriously and follow CDC and county guidelines with regard to travel and gatherings: San Francisco, Santa Clara.
Stay safe and stay healthy!
Please visit our special Distance Learning Hub on our My GISSV Portal for GISSV's Distance Learning Plan and more parent information.
We will continually update this document on the Coronavirus situation and our ongoing efforts to keep our community safe and healthy. Please use this FAQ as your reference and if you cannot find the info you need, you can email CovidResponse@gissv.org.
GISSV Guiding Principles
1. We commit to keeping our students and staff safe on campus at all times, abiding by all state and county regulations and following best practices
2. We commit to following a strict cleaning and disinfecting protocol based on current guidelines and recommendations
3. We commit to opening up the campus for as many students as is safe, while providing accommodations for students who are not able to come to campus
4. We commit to prioritizing younger students (preschool-grade 6) on campus because of their unique learning and family needs as well as recognizing
California supervision laws
5. We commit to providing high-quality learning opportunities for all older students, either on campus or via distance learning.
Hybrid Learning: Campus Information